Spring Green Soba Noodle Salad
Spring Green Soba Noodle Salad is a refreshing vegan salad for hot days with minimal cooking. Healthy & packed full of fresh green produce!
- 140 g soba noodles
- 1 shallot
- 1 medium-size carrot
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup peas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tbs sesame or other oil
- 1 lime
- 1 tbs agave syrup
- 0 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tbs black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tbs crushed wasabi peanuts (optional )
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with a pinch of salt and then add soba noodles. Reduce heat to medium and cook according to package instructions, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool down completely.
- Peel and dice shallot, peel and julienne carrot and zucchini (I used a julienne peeler that saves a ton of time). Heat a pan and add a bit of oil. When hot, add shallot, carrots and zucchini to the pan, and stir fry for a minute, so as the vegetables soften a bit. Season with salt & pepper to taste, then add peas and stir-fry another minute.
- Prepare dressing: in a bowl add soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, juice of 1 lime, agave syrup, ginger and some minced garlic. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- Place soba noodles in a salad bowl, add the stir-fry vegetables and shredded cabbage and top with the dressing. Combine well (I used my hands), then serve topped with some black sesame seeds and crushed wasabi peanuts for a little bit of heat.
View the recipe instructions at Vibrant Plates