The View From the Great Island
Easy Summer Tiramisu ~ a no egg tiramisu dessert made in individual glasses for effortless summer entertaining. This classic Italian dessert made with ladyfinger biscuits, Kahlua, and creamy mascarpone cheese is epic!
- about 12 dry dried ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi biscuits)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 0.33333333333333 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup strong coffee, cold
- 4-6 tsp Kahlua (or other alcohol of your choice)
- 1-2 ounces dark chocolate for grating
- You'll need 4 glasses for serving, I used classic lowball glasses.
- Whip the cream with the sugar until it forms soft peaks, then gently fold in the room temperature mascarpone until they are both combined. Don't beat, just fold gently.
- Mix the cold coffee and Kahlua together in a shallow bowl.
- Working one ladyfinger at a time, cut each biscuit into one inch pieces, and dip them into the coffee to saturate. Put the pieces at the bottom of one glass. Repeat with all the glasses.
- Top each layer of soaked biscuits with a spoonful of the mascarpone/cream mixture. Top with a second layer of dipped cookies. Top with more cream, then a last layer of soaked cookies and a final topping of cream. Finish off with a generous amount of shaved chocolate. Note: if you love chocolate, feel free to add chocolate shavings to each layer.