Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip
The View From the Great Island
Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip will become your new favorite appetizer, and it's so quick and easy to make!
- 1 vidalia onion, anywhere from 10-12 ounces (any sweet variety will do)
- 1 scant cup mayonnaise
- 1 scant cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Grana Padano cheese (substitute good Parmesan or Romano)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ¾ tsp salt
- lots of fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Set the oven to 375F
- Peel and slice the onion in half. Then slice it in half again, and cut 3 of the sections into very fine slices. Take the last piece and mince it. Put the onion in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof casserole and bake for 25 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- While the dip is baking, slice a baguette and place the slices on a hot grill pan to toast them on both sides. Serve with the hot dip.