Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas
The View From the Great Island
Tandoori Roasted Chickpeas are an easy high protein appetizer or snack ~ once you start popping these little guys you won't be able to stop!
- 1 ounce 15 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry power
- 0.5 tsp Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp red pepper flakes
- 0.25 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 0.25 tsp Coriander seeds
- 0.25 - 1/2 tsp salt
- Set oven to 400F
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well. Lay them out on a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to dry.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake the chickpeas for about 30-35 minutes, stirring, or shaking the pan several times during the baking. Be careful, occasionally the beans can spit and even explode as they cook.
- Let the beans cool slightly on the pan, and then serve up while they are warm.