Thai Beef Salad
The View From the Great Island
Thai Beef Salad is a healthy low carb main course salad made with rare steak, lots of fresh herbs, and a tangy garlic ginger dressing!
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 lb top sirloin steak (or any cut you like)
- vegetable oil
- 8 large leaves of red leaf lettuce (rough chopped)
- 2 small Persian cucumbers (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small red onion (sliced paper thin. I used a mandolin)
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves (thinly shred them if they are large)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 small hot red peppers ( thinly sliced, seeds and all)
- 0.33333333333333 cup Peanuts (chopped)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over high heat until very hot. Brush the steak lightly with oil on both sides and grill for about 3 minutes per side for rare, or until it's done the way you like it.
- Set the steak on a plate and cover with foil, let it rest for 10 minutes. Then slice it very thinly across the grain with a sharp knife.
- Arrange the lettuce across the bottom of a platter. Top with the cucumbers and onion slices, separating the rings as you scatter them around.
- Next add the steak and fresh herbs. Scatter the hot pepper rings over the top, along with the peanuts.
- Drizzle the dressing liberally over all, and serve immediately.