Turkey and Sweet Potato Thai Curry
What do you do with your left over turkey? Stock up on these ingredients over Christmas and enjoy a Thai curry with the family!
- 1½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ nutmeg (grated)
- 25 g nuts (we used cashew nuts)
- ½ onion
- 1 inch ginger (chopped)
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies (add more if you want your curry to be hotter)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (you can also use sesame or coconut )
- ½ lime
- 600 g turkey (you can use left overs)
- 3 small sweet potato (normal potatoes are fine)
- 250 ml light coconut milk
- 1 lemongrass stalk (bruised )
- ½ lime juice
- 150 ml chicken stock
- Make the paste by putting all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz it up until smooth.
- Cover the turkey in the paste and using a little oil fry until the turkey is cooked. Note if you are using leftovers do not add the turkey at this stage, add it right at the end.
- Add the lemongrass and lime.
- Add the chicken stock on a medium heat and give your curry a good stir.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 20-30 minutes. If you are using leftover turkey add it 10 minutes before the end.
- While your curry is simmering away peel your sweet potato and cut up into cubes. Boil for 5-7 minutes until soft. Add them in a few minutes before your curry is done.
- Serve your curry with Jasmine rice and prawn crackers. Enjoy!