The View From the Great Island
TURMERIC TEA ~ its anti-inflammatory properties are legendary, so give this calming all natural tea a try if you're stuffed up, sore, or coughing.
- 2 cups coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 0.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 Peppercorns
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- of cayenne pepper
- honey to taste
- Gently crack the cardamom pods open with a rolling pin, being careful not to lose the tiny black seeds. Break the cinnamon stick in two.
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Bring the tea back up to a simmer, then strain into warm mugs.
- Top with a little ground cinnamon, if desired.