Gender Reveal Cake
The Honey Blonde
- 2.25 cups flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 0.25 vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two cake pans by spraying lightly with baking spray and covering the bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and airy (about 2 minutes). Mix in oil until well combined.
- Add in the eggs one and a time and mix until completely incorporated. Then mix in vanilla.
- Add vinegar to the milk and stir.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, mix in a third of the flour mixture. Then mix in half of the milk mixture. Repeat with half of the remaining flour and all of the remaining milk. Finally, mix in the rest of the flour until you have a smooth batter.
- Split the batter between the cake pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (smaller cake pans may take longer because the cake is thicker), or until a toothpick entered into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on the counter before decorating.