The View From the Great Island
Watermelon Gazpacho is a refreshing summertime soup that is gluten free, low carb, low calorie, and delicious!
- 2 medium red ripe tomatoes
- about 1/2 small yellow watermelon
- juice of 1 lime (2 if your lime is not very juicy)
- dash salt
- mint leaves
- cubes of frozen watermelon
- Wash and give the tomatoes a rough chop. Add them to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Remove seeds from the watermelon and give it a rough chop. Add it to the processor. Pulse the machine on and off until the tomatoes and watermelon have been pureed. Scrape down the sides of the machine if needed.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add the lime juice and salt to taste. Refrigerate until very cold.
- To serve, pour soup into small glasses and top with cubes of frozen watermelon and fresh mint leaves.
- To freeze watermelon, cut in small, regular cubes and set out on a parchment lines baking tray. Set the whole tray in the freezer and freeze until solid. you can transfer the cubes to a zip lock baggie after they have frozen for storage.