Wild Caught Tuna Crostini
The View From the Great Island
Wild Caught Tuna Crostini are a super healthy and colorful appetizer or light meal --- just add wine and friends and you've got the perfect summer party! .
makes 10 crostini
- 10 thin slices of a baguette loaf
- 1 5-ounce can Genova Wild Caught Albacore Tuna
- 1 5-ounce can Genova Wild Caught Yellowfin Tuna
- for the tuna salad
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp relish
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- other toppings
- assorted spreads such guacamole, hummus, or soft cheese, see list in the post above
- assorted thinly sliced veggies or fruit, canned beans, olives, hard cooked eggs, etc., see list in t
- fresh herbs or edible blossoms, see list above
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat until very hot. Grill the slices of bread on both sides until nicely browned, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Prepare a simple tuna salad with the Yellowfin Tuna. Mix all the ingredients until well blended. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Assemble your crostini with three layers each. Begin with tuna salad, flaked tuna, or cream cheese or other spread.
- Build a second layer from the list above. If you didn't use your tuna on the first layer, you can add flaked tuna in this layer.
- Finish with a garnish of herbs, edible flowers, seeds, or spices from the list above.
- Serve the crostini right away.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island