Za’atar Roasted Cashews
The View From the Great Island
Za'atar Roasted Cashews are the perfect holiday starter --- whole cashews are glazed and roasted with classic Middle Eastern flavors!
makes approximately 17 1/2-ounce servings
- 1 ounce 8.5 can Planters Deluxe Whole Cashews
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp za'atar
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pomegranate seeds and fresh thyme
- Set the oven to 350F
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until well mixed.
- Toss the nuts in the glaze, gently so you don't break the nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spread out the nuts in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes, and then let cool before serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh thyme leaves, if desired.