Zucchini Chocolate Cake
The Healthy Mummy
Yummy healthy chocolate cake the whole family will love! Full of fibre and nutrient rich zucchini. Courtney has sent us this fabulous recipe.
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1½ cups wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Cream butter and coconut sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add honey, vanilla extract and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients into separate bowl. Add husks from sieve and chocolate chips to dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients alternatively with zucchini into cake mixture.
- Spoon mixture into greased and lined 20 x 30 sponge roll tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before adding the icing (if using).
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil over low heat. Add vanilla extract.
- Leave to cool slightly then whisk lightly and spread over cake.
- When cool cut into 24 pieces. Run knife under hot water before cutting to prevent icing cracking.
View the recipe instructions at The Healthy Mummy