The best (unfrosted) carrot cake recipe
Cake and Whisky
So if you're not big on frosting, try this carrot cake recipe - thanks to one simple secret ingredient, it'll whisk you off you feet!
- 3 big carrots (about 250g) (peeled and grated)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 200 g sugar
- 3 eggs ((beaten))
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 2½ l sunflower oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C (340°F / gas mark 6).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in the eggs, then the flour, almond flour and oil and mix well.
- Add in the carrots and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter in a lined loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 min until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 min, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Will keep in the cake tin for 2-3 days.