No Bake Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough Bars
The View From the Great Island
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cookie Dough Bars are a cookie lovers dream, combining crushed Oreos®, classic cookie dough, and a creamy white topping.
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 0.75 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups flour
- 10 oreo® cookies (chopped)
- 12 ounces white chocolate or white candy confectionery
- 0.5 tsp vegetable oil (i used coconut)
- 1 oreo®cookie, finely crushed
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in the salt and vanilla, and then add the flour and condensed milk, alternately, until combined. Blend in the crushed cookies and just mix lightly until they are distributed.
- Lightly spray a 8x8 square baking pan and line with a sheet of parchment paper or foil so that the ends extend over the sides. This is so you can lift the chilled bars out for easier cutting. It's optional.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the pan with your fingers, making sure it is evenly spread out across the whole pan. Smooth out the surface.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, (about 3-4 hours) or even overnight if you like. The texture will be similar to a fudge.
- To make the chocolate topping, put white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and microwave for one minute. Stir, and then return to the microwave for short bursts of 15 seconds until the chocolate is totally smooth and melted. Don't over heat. Stir in most of the crushed cookie crumbs, reserving a few to sprinkle over the top.
- Let the chocolate cool for about 5 minutes, and then pour onto the dough. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top.
- Return to the refrigerator until the topping is firm. Cut into 16 squares.
- Keep the bars in the refrigerator until ready to eat.