Shredded Kale Sprout and Baby Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
From a Chef's Kitchen
Shredded kale sprouts, red onion, pickled baby beets, walnuts and goat cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette. Flavors that all rock together!
- 6 oz kale sprouts (stem end trimmed if necessary)
- ½ small red onion (finely chopped)
- 16 oz jar pickled baby beets (drained, halved and sliced)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts ( lightly toasted )
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese ((about 1 cup) divided)
- ⅓ cup light olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Shred kale sprouts in a food processor using the shredding blade or chop manually. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add red onion, baby beets, walnuts and about 3 ounces of the goat cheese. Toss to combine.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad, mix well. Transfer to serving bowl and top with remaining goat cheese. Serve immediately.