The Cardamom Rose Cocktail
The View From the Great Island
The Cardamom Rose Cocktail is a special occasion cocktail that will take you from New Year's Eve, to Valentine's Day, and all the way back to the winter holidays!
- 2 oz Hendrick's Gin (an airline sized bottle is just the right amount)
- 1 oz ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 0.5 oz [|https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/how-to-make-homemade-lavender-and-rose-simple-syrups/rose syrup
- 2 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- 1 cardamom pod (if you want to intensify the flavor, toast in a dry pan for a couple of minutes)
- Put the cardamom pod in a cocktail shaker and gently muddle, or crush, it. Give it just enough pressure to crack the pod and a few of the inner seeds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and then shake well with ice.
- Strain over ice into an old fashioned glass and garnish with a rose petal.