5 Minute Stone Fruit Breakfast Crisp
The View From the Great Island
This 5 minute stone fruit breakfast crisp is made right in the microwave!
- assorted stone fruit, washed and sliced, allow about 2 pieces per serving
- 4 tbsp old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp cold butter, cut in small pieces
- To make the topping, put everything in a bowl and mix together with your fingers until it has a coarse crumbly texture. Keep breaking apart the butter into smaller and smaller bits, and combining everything until it has been thoroughly mixed.
- Fill a mug or small bowl with pieces of fruit. Top with the crumble. I like to mound the fruit and topping up fairly high because it shrinks down as it cooks.
- Set the bowl on a saucer to catch any drips, and microwave for approximately 2 minutes. It could take slightly less time.
- Enjoy right away with a dollop of yogurt, creme fraiche, whipped cream or ice cream.