Avocado toast is creamy, crisp and so satisfying. It's a delicious and simple breakfast, snack or light meal! It's best consumed immediately, since the avocado browns over time. Recipe as written yields 1 slice of basic avocado toast; multiply as necessary.
- 1 slice bread (i like thick-sliced whole-grain bread best)
- ½ avocado (ripe)
- pinch salt
- toppings (optional, suggested in this post)
- Toast your slice of bread until golden and firm.
- Remove the pit from your avocado. Use a big spoon to scoop out the flesh. Put it in a bowl and mash it up with a fork until it\'s as smooth as you like it. Mix in a pinch of salt (about 1/8 teaspoon) and add more to taste, if desired.
- Spread avocado on top of your toast. Enjoy as-is or top with any extras offered in this post (I highly recommend a light sprinkle of flaky sea salt, if you have it).
View the recipe instructions at cookieandkate.com