BANANA AND COCONUT MILK BREAD
A healthy, moist banana bread baked with an abundance of coconut milk is a perfect start to a busy day.
- 185 ml full cream coconut milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- ½ cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- raw sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease with cooking spray and line with baking paper, a 20cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Whisk coconut milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, salt and honey in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and combined. Stir through the banana, oat and flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar. Bake in pre-heated oven for 1 hour until well risen, golden on top and cooked through.
- Serve warm or cold. Best toasted with butter. Freezes well.
View the recipe instructions at www.cookrepublic.com