Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe
The Honey Blonde
- 1 can chickpeas ((about 1 1/2 cups), drained, liquid reserved)
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- ½ cup basil (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup olive oil ((divided))
- ¼ tsp sumac (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add chickpeas into a microwave safe bowl. Pour in 2 tbsp of the canning liquid. Microwave for 1 minute to 1:30 minutes until warm.
- Add the chickpeas to the work bowl of a food processor and blend until it forms a paste-like consistency. Add in tahini, basil, Parmesan, salt, pepper, sumac, and half of the olive oil. Blend until smooth. Drizzle in oil as needed to get it to get the desired thickness. Add more if necessary.