Beautiful Breakfast Tart
The View From the Great Island
This Beautiful Breakfast Tart has a gluten granola crust filled with thick Greek yogurt, and topped with a colorful sunburst of fresh juicy fruit. Yes it looks too beautiful to eat, but dig in anyway ~ it may be beautiful, but it's still breakfast!
- 1.5 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts and seeds (I used almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame
- 5 tbsp butter
- 0.25 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 3 cups Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt, or almond yogurt (If your yogurt is loose, strain it firs
- assorted sliced or whole fruit for topping
- Set oven to 325F
- Mix the oats, nuts and seeds, melted butter, honey and vanilla together in a bowl until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Press the mixture into a greased 10" tart pan with a removable bottom (or a pie plate). Use a measuring cup to help press the granola evenly across the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden. Let cool. You can make the crust ahead if you want to and fill it the next morning just before serving.
- Fill the tart with Greek yogurt, and smooth out evenly.
- Arrange the fruit on top.
- Serve immediately.