Beef Kapuska (Turkish Cabbage Stew)
A simple Stew made with ground beef, cabbage, onion, and spices..
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (thick stem removed)
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cabbage head
- 2 cups water
- 1. Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2. Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the tomato paste, red pepper flakes, paprika, and 1 tsp salt. Stir and cook 1 minute.
- 5. Add the cabbage then pour in the water. Cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
View the recipe instructions at www.yeprecipes.com