Blackened Mahi Mahi
You can easily control the level of spiciness in blackened fish by making your own Cajun spice mix. This is a super fast, incredibly delicious way to add more seafood to your diet.
- 6 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Combine all Kickin\' Cajun Seasoning Mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Season the fillets liberally with Kickin\' Cajun Spice Mix on both sides, pressing the seasoning into the fish with your hands. Wash hands thoroughly.
- Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add butter and oil. When the fat is nice and hot, add the seasoned fish. Cook, undisturbed, for several minutes, until golden brown on one side. Flip fish over and continue to cook until opaque and completely cooked through.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fish and serve.
View the recipe instructions at www.fromvalerieskitchen.com