Blood Orange and Jicama Salad
The View From the Great Island
Blood Orange and Jicama Salad is a refreshing mix of juicy citrus and crunchy jicama --- it's beautiful, delicious and full of Vitamin C!
- 4 blood oranges
- 1 small jicama
- handful of baby spinach leaves
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- o Orange Blossom Vinegar
- Slice the oranges into 1/8 - 1/4 inch slices. Trim the rind with a small sharp knife or scissors. Remove any seeds.
- Peel the jicama and slice itinto 1/4 inch slices. Cut the slices into thin matchsticks.
- Arrange the slices of orange on a platter along with the spinach leaves. Scatter the jicama sticks on top, and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, drizzle with the vinegar.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island