Blood Orange Margarita
The View From the Great Island
My Blood Orange Margarita Cocktail is the drink of the winter, the delicate sweetness of the blood orange juice takes this classic to a whole new level.
makes 2 cocktails
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed blood orange juice (about 2-3 blood oranges)
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 and 1/2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice (plus more for rimming glasses)
- kosher salt for rimming the glasses
- Pour salt onto a small plate. Wet the rim of the glasses with water or lime juice and press the rims into the salt.
- Add the cocktail ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 glasses with more ice. Garnish with a twist of blood orange peel or a thin slice of blood orange.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island