Bourbon Fried Peaches with Ice Cream
The View From the Great Island
Bourbon Fried Peaches with Ice Cream is a delicious way to close out the summer season, this is dessert with a capital D!
- 4 peaches
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup bourbon
- seeds of 1 vanilla bean, or 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Peel the peaches. I like to use my peeler with a serrated edge, it cuts right through soft fruits and veggies like peaches. Slice the peaches.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then add the peaches, lemon juice, sugar, bourbon, and vanilla. Bring everything to a boil and let it bubble away for about 5 minutes, tops. Just enough to slightly thicken the sauce and soften the peaches.
- Serve the peaches in individual bowls topped with vanilla ice cream.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island