Braised Greens with Olives and Lemon
From a Chef's Kitchen
Southern braised greens get a fresh and flavorful Mediterranean-inspired makeover for the new year!
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bag
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 0.5 cup pitted and halved green olives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the greens and cook, 6-8 minutes or until wilted and slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, olives and salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.