Braised Greens with Olives and Lemon
From a Chef's Kitchen
Southern braised greens get a fresh and flavorful Mediterranean-inspired makeover for the new year!
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15 bean mix (1-pound) mixed greens (turnip, collard and mustard)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large lemon
- ½ cup pitted and halved green olives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the greens and cook, 6-8 minutes or until wilted and slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, olives and salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
View the recipe instructions at From a Chef's Kitchen