Brined Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower
From a Chef's Kitchen
Brined first, this Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower is flavorful throughout!
- 1 head orange (or white) cauliflower
- 0.5 cup kosher or sea salt
- 0.5 cup whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for roasting dish
- 2 tablespoons tandoori seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Fill a large bowl with hot tap water. Add the salt and swish it around until it dissolves. Let the water cool to room temperature.
- Submerge the cauliflower in the brine and refrigerate 24-48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a baking or roasting dish.
- Drain the cauliflower, pat dry and place in baking dish.
- Combine yogurt, olive oil, tandoori seasoning, ginger, cayenne, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Coat the cauliflower with the yogurt mixture. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a knife can be easily inserted. Serve immediately.