Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
Simple Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup, made either in a soup maker or on the hob. Packed full of flavour and perfect with some crusty bread.
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 butternut squash (medium, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges)
- 1 potato (small, peeled and quartered)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 800 ml vegetable stock
- pinch salt
- Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat, add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes OR If you have a soup maker, throw all the veggies into the soup maker, set it off and let it do it’s work.
- Add the butternut squash and potato and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the garlic and season to taste. Pour in the stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using a hand-blender or food processor, blend until smooth and serve sprinkled with thyme sprigs (only if you want to use them).
View the recipe instructions at mattscafe.co.uk