Carrot Pineapple Cake with Blackberry Icing
The View From the Great Island
Carrot Pineapple Cake with Blackberry Icing has to be one of the more unique snack cakes on the blog, the unusual frosting makes the cake extra special!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1.3333333333333 cups vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 oz grated carrots
- 0.5 cup fresh diced pineapple
- blackberry icing
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 0.33333333333333 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups (more or less) confectioner's sugar
- Set the oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x12 pan.
- Cream the sugar and oil together with the eggs.
- Toss the raisins and pecans with the tablespoon of flour (this will help them stay suspended in the batter.)
- Whisk the 2 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour to the eggs and sugar mixture along with the pecans and raisins. Blend well.
- Fold in the carrots and the pineapple.
- Spread the batter into the pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely on a rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting, blitz the mascarpone cheese, the lemon juice, and the berries in a small food processor until smooth.
- Then transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat in the sugar until you have a nice frosting consistency.