Cherry Lemonade Popsicles
The View From the Great Island
The flavor of these Cherry Lemonade Popsicles is pure vibrant fresh cherry with a touch of citrus --- they're one of the joys of summer!
- 1 pound fresh pitted cherries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Lemon juiced
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the machine as necessary.
- This next step is optional, but I did it --- push the puree through a mesh sieve. Press firmly with the back of a spoon so you get as much as possible through.
- Fill the popsicle molds almost to the top. The puree will be thick enough that you can stand the sticks right in, without using the top to hold them.
- Freeze the popsicles until solid. To remove from the mold, immerse the mold up to, but not over, the top lip for just a few seconds in a sink full of hot water.
- To store the popsicles wrap well in plastic.