Chocolate Beetroot Cake | Slimming & Weight Watchers Friendly
This Chocolate Beetroot Cake is a slimming friendly slice of heaven! Get your chocolate fix for less calories and Weight Watchers Points.
- 50 g self raising flour
- 3½ tbsp Granulated Sweetener
- 25 g cocoa powder (we used dr oetker fine dark cocoa powder)
- 5 eggs
- 60 g beetroot (cooked, plus 1 tbsp of the beetroot juice)
- 3 tbsp sugar free icing sugar (like nativia)
- 2 tsp sweet freedom choc shot
- 1 tsp water
- Finely grate the beetroot and set aside. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, egg yolks, grated beetroot and the beetroot juice.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour and egg yolk mixture, until they are mixed evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin (I lined the bottom with baking parchment and gave it a quick spray with low calorie cooking spray just in case).
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180ºC until golden brown or until the knife comes out clean. Don\'t be tempted to check it before 25 minutes or the cake will sink!
- Turn the heat down to 150ºC and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool, and then cut into 8 equal slices.
- Serve on its own or drizzled with chocolate icing.
- Simply mix the 3 tbsp of sugar free icing with the Choc Shot and water then drizzle over the cake to serve.
View the recipe instructions at pinchofnom.com