Cranberry Apple Chutney
Cranberry Apple Chutney is a spicy and flavorful dish with the addition of warm spices. It's great to serve for Thanksgiving or as a spread.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 medium apple (chopped)
- 1 Small Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch Ground Allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- to taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil on medium flame. Reduce the heat, simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries, apples, onion, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15~20 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm or cold.