Damn That’s Good Carrot Cake
The Honey Blonde
The title of this post is a direct quote from a coworker who tasted this carrot cake and uttered "Damn, that’s good carrot cake!".
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs ((beaten))
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup pecans ( crushed or processed )
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, pureed (or canned crushed pineapple in juice)
- ½ batch of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray the bottom of the pay with baking spray, then stick the parchment on top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, sugar, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla until blended. Gradually spoon in flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Fold the carrots, coconut, pecans, and pineapple into the batter until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool on the counter until it comes to room temperature. Turn the cake onto a cooling rack. Flip right side up, then spread frosting over the top.
View the recipe instructions at The Honey Blonde