Dilly Pickle Potato Salad
The View From the Great Island
Dill Pickle Potato Salad ~ this creamy potato salad packed with pickles will become your favorite summer side, perfect for barbecues, picnics, and potlucks!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- salt and lots of fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 24 ounces baby potatoes, do not peel
- 1 bunch green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 dill pickles (chopped)
- 3 tbsp fresh minced dill
- 2 hard cooked eggs (quartered)
- fresh dill
- chopped dill pickles
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a pot with lots of cold water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and boil gently until they are just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on their side, and put them in a large bowl. Toss with a generous amount of the dressing.
- Add the onions, pickles, and dill and toss again. Top with the eggs. Refrigerate for at least an hour or two to let the flavors develop. Add more dressing before serving if necessary. (you may not need all of the dressing.)
- Garnish with extra dill and chopped pickles.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island