Dulche de Leche-Almond Peda
Dulche de Leche-Almond Peda is rich and melts in the mouth. This is a nice variation to regular peda and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 cup Dulche de Leche (or Caramel sauce) -- homemade or store-bought*
- 2 cups Mawa/ Khoya, grated or crumbled
- 5½ cups Milk Powder (whole milk preferred)
- ½ cup almond meal (or ground almonds)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Ghee
- ¾ cup cream (heavy or Light)
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- In a large nonstick pan, melt butter/ ghee and add milk powder, khoya and mawa. Stir continuously and cook for 3~4 minutes.
- Next add the cream, dulche de leche and ground cardamom; mix well and cook stirring continuously until the mixture starts to leave the pan. This takes about 20~25 minutes.
- Grease the plate with ghee and keep ready.
- Once the mixture is ready, pour it onto the prepared plate. Smooth the top and set aside until the mixture is cool enough handle.
- Scoop about 1tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball and flatten slightly. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for longer storage.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout