Easy Butter Pecan Bark
The View From the Great Island
Easy Butter Pecan Bark ~ a pecan studded butterscotch bark that knocks the socks off everybody to tries it. Make it with just 2 ingredients!
- 11 ounce bag of butterscotch morsels (I used Nestle)
- 1 cup rough chopped pecans
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional, it can help with the melting)
- Put the morsels (and coconut oil, if using) in a glass microwave salfe bowl and microwave for one minute on high. Let sit for a minute, then stir.
- Put the bowl back in the microwave for 15 second bursts, stirring in between to melt the morsels. Don't over heat, it usually takes me a total of 1 1/2 minutes. Let the ambient heat in the bowl do the final melting, while you stir. I like to use a silicone 'spoonula'.
- When the butterscotch is smooth, stir in the pecans.
- Spread out onto a silicone lined baking sheet to a rectangle approximately 7 by 11. Try to spread it out thinly and evenly. There's no need to rush this step, the mixture will remain pliable. Make sure you can't see the mat through any spots.
- Put the tray in the refrigerator for 3o minutes so that the bark can harden.
- Carefully remove the bark from the mat, and use a large knife to cut the bark into pieces. Some of it will shatter a bit, that's to be expected.
View the recipe instructions at The View From the Great Island