Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
This easy sheet pan dinner is filled with healthy vegetables and fresh flavor! Throw it all in the oven while you cook rice or quinoa. Dinnertime win!
- 1 crown broccoli
- 1 red onion (medium)
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 15 ounce chickpeas (can, or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (purchased or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- Rice (or quinoa, or another whole grain or seasoned lentils, to serve, optional)
- dollop sour cream (mus, to serve)
- Adjust the oven racks for roasting 2 trays. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If serving with rice or quinoa, follow How to Cook Brown Rice, Instant Pot Brown Rice, How to Cook Quinoa or Instant Pot Quinoa.
- Chop the broccoli. Cut the onion into thick slices. Dice the potatoes. Dice the red pepper.
- Place all the vegetables in a large bowl. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to the bowl. Mix in the olive oil, garlic powder, Old Bay, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt until everything is evenly coated.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (we prefer this to silicone baking mats because it results in crispier veggies). Spread the vegetables evenly onto each sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (do not stir!). Remove the pans from the oven, rotate them, and roast another 10 minutes (for 30 minutes total) until tender and lightly browned on one side.
- Cut the lemon into wedges, and spritz the veggies with fresh lemon juice to taste. (Required: this step adds just the right zing! Or you can serve with lemon wedges.)
- Transfer to a serving bowl or dish and serve immediately with rice or quinoa. Dollop with sour cream, cashew cream or hummus.
View the recipe instructions at www.acouplecooks.com