Need to make eggless pancakes? These pancakes without eggs are easy to make, and my family loves how incredibly fluffy and delicious they taste!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup kefir (or buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk (as needed, to thin out batter, this will depend on the brand of kefir or buttermilk that you use)
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the middle and slowly stir in the kefir or buttermilk. Stir in the vanilla and melted butter until everything is just combined. The batter should be thick, but still scoop-able. If it feels too thick, you may need to add up to 2 tablespoons of milk (it will depend on the brand of kefir or buttermilk that you use).
- Preheat a non-stick griddle on medium heat (I use heat setting 5.5/9 on my stovetop). Brush on a bit of oil. When the pan is hot, using a cookie scoop or 2 spoons, drop on about 3 tablespoons of pancake batter for each pancake. Using the back of the spoon, gently help spread the batter so it forms a round pancake.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, until there are many bubbles visible on the top and a few have popped, the sides of the pancakes look dry, and the bottom of the pancake is a nice golden brown. Adjust the heat as necessary if the pancake is browning too quickly or slowly. Gently flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes on the bottom side.
- Repeat to make the remaining pancakes. Brush on a tiny bit of oil before each pancake.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
View the recipe instructions at www.theworktop.com