Elena's 'cheeky Tortilla' Quiche
Tesco Real Food
You know how some people have the ability to magic up tasty meals from random leftovers using just sheer kitchen creativity? Well, that's Elena's superpower. Her quiche, which cleverly uses tortilla wraps instead of pastry, is the proof
- 150 g Broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tortilla wraps (large, white)
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml whole milk
- 75 g mature cheddar grated
- 75 g honey-roast ham (chopped)
- handful fresh chives (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. In a pan of boiling water, blanch the broccoli florets for 2 mins, then drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Grease a 20cm-wide, 7cm-deep springform tin with 1 tsp olive oil. Brush the remaining oil over all the tortillas, then cut 2 of them in half.
- Lay a whole tortilla in the base of the tin, then overlap the halves around the edge up to the rim. Lay the remaining whole tortilla on top of the first in the base.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a jug; season to taste.
- Scatter the cheese, broccoli and ham over the tortilla base. Pour over the egg mixture and sprinkle the chives on top. Bake for 50-55 mins until cooked through and golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove and cut into wedges to serve.
View the recipe instructions at Tesco Real Food