Figs, Date & Nut Bars
With a little bit of preparation these delicious bars can be whipped up in no time. They have no added sugar and the sweetness comes from dates and dried figs.
- 1 cup figs ((about 15) Dry , chopped)
- 1 cup dates ((about 18) , pitted and chopped)
- 3 tbsps almonds (, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Cashews (, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps pistachios (, finely chopped)
- 3 ~ 4 tbsps Ghee
- Soak the dry figs and dates, separately, in hot water for 15~20 minutes (or in regular water for 3~4 hours). Drain the water and grind them to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Melt ghee in a nonstick pan, add the figs and date puree and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture dries out about 10~15 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts and mix well to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, for another 10~15 minutes or until the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove the mixture into a greased plate or tin and sprinkle with more chopped nuts, if desired. Set aside to cool. Cut into squares or diamonds when completely cooled. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.