Do you want your house to smell like you're in an Italian restaurant? Try these focaccia rolls for an amazing taste of Italy.
- 500 g strong white bread flour
- 7 g yeast
- 1½ tsp salt
- 20 g fresh rosemary (Finely chopped)
- 35 g sun dried tomato ((Chopped) plus extra for decoration if you wish)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 250 ml hand- hot tap water
- 20 mixed olives (for decoration )
- 1 tbsp pink Himalayan crystal salt (serving)
- Put the flour in to a large bowl with the yeast one side and the salt the other side and mix together.
- Take the leaves off half of the fresh rosemary and finely chop them up. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and rosemary to the flour along with 4 tbsp of oil. I used the oil out of my sun dried tomatoes as this gives it extra flavour, but normal oil is also fine.
- Add 250ml of hand hot water out of the tap and mix it all up with a wooden spoon or your hands. Your mixture should start to combine now, add more water if needed to form a soft but not too sticky dough.
- Make sure your work surface is floured and knead the dough for 10 minutes, until your dough is smooth and springs back when gently pressed.
- Put your dough back into the bowl and cover with clingfilm then leave to rise for 45 minutes. Your dough should double in size.
- Take your dough out and place on a floured surface then knead again for another 2 minutes.
- Divide your dough up by cutting into 8 equal pieces. Mould your dough into a ball shape, tucking the crease in at the bottom and flatten the top, repeat 8 times.
- Prepare 2 baking trays oiled and with baking paper. Put your rolls onto the trays and cover them with oiled clingfilm. Leave them in a warm place for 30 minutes, they should double in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200C, fan 180C.
- Once the 30 minutes are up take off the clingfilm and decorate your rolls with olives, sun dried tomatoes, rosemary and rock salt. Don't be shy - push the olives in. Try to keep them more in the centre of the roll this will prevent them from falling off when cooked.
- Drizzle with more oil (I used the oil from my sun dried tomato jar) place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked take the bread rolls out, drizzle with more oil if desired and let cool. Serve with a bowl of fresh pasta or olives and cheese. Enjoy! Store in a air tight container for freshness.