Fragrant Couscous Salad with a Runny Poached Egg
Do you love a runny poached egg? Try this couscous salad for lunch it's packed full of healthy ingredients.
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 100 g couscous
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 handful kale (chopped)
- 200 g cannellini beans
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 2 eggs (poached)
- salt and pepper
- Boil the vegetable stock and add the dried couscous, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Check the instructions on the packet as they might vary
- Boil your corn on the cob to the instructions on the packet.
- while your couscous is on the hob, in a frying pan melt the coconut oil and on a medium heat cook the onions and garlic until soft. Add the kale and stir fry for about 5-8 minutes.
- Check your couscous to see if the stock has absorbed, if it has give it a stir. Add the ginger, chilli powder and season with salt and pepper. Put the lid back on and set aside
- Add your eggs to a pan of boiling water and poach them for 3/4 minutes.
- While your eggs are poaching add your calleine beans to your onions and kale mixture and stir in for 3-4 minutes.
- When your eggs are done gently take them out of the water. And set a side on a plate.
- Add the couscous mixture to the kale,onion and beans and stir it all in and eat through for about one minute. Cut the sweet corn off the hob and sprinkle in.
- Put the couscous on to a plate and place the poach egg on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
View the recipe instructions at Globe Scoffers