Gardener's Pie Slimming World Syn Free Recipe
- 1 kg potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- low Calorie Cooking Spray
- 1 onion (large, roughly chopped)
- 4 celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 4 carrots (large, peeled and diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 parsnips (large, peeled and diced)
- bag spinach (roughly chopped)
- 400 ml vegetable stock (boiling)
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tbsp parsley (finely chopped to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 220c/ Fan 200c/ Gas 7
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of slightly salted boiling water for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, parsnips and spinach and stir fry for 10 minutes until the vegetables are starting to colour but are still crunchy. Add 350ml of the stock, the peas and the mustard powder and stir well. Season to taste and spoon into a medium sized pie dish.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the saucepan along with the remaining stock. Mash until smooth then spoon on top of the vegetables, smooth with a fork and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Scatter over the parsley and serve hot.
View the recipe instructions at www.justaveragejen.com