Gluten-free Applesauce Snack Cake
This gluten-free applesauce bundt snack cake is one of those recipes I have made over and over again. It is made with brown rice flour (that means it's whole grain) and it is sweetened with honey.
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange (zest from, or lemon)
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce (preferably home-made)
- ½ cup honey (orange blossom if available)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil (or organic canola oil)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Puree eggs, zest, applesauce, honey and oil in a blender or food processor. Whisk flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large bowl. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gradually stir the dry into the wet and stir until combined. Immediately spread out into the prepared pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until golden brown and the cake springs back when lightly touched, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
View the recipe instructions at www.healthyseasonalrecipes.com