Gluten Free Baked Artichokes & Smoky Paprika Aioli
Gluten Free Baked Artichokes with Smoky Paprika Aioli are the perfect New Year's Eve appetizer. With its golden crispy crunch you'd never believe this recipe is baked instead of fried!
- 2 14oz. cans water packed artichoke hearts (drained)
- 0.75 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 cups gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (divided)
- avocado oil
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (or other mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- First, Prep your breading station: Whisk the garbanzo bean flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder in a bowl. In a second bowl, whisk together the almond milk, Dijon mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt. In a third bowl, whisk the breadcrumbs, Old Bay, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Take one artichoke heart and coat it in the garbanzo bean flour. Dunk it into the almond milk and then into the breadcrumbs. Roll the artichoke in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining artichokes.
- Once the artichokes are lined up on the baking sheet, pour avocado oil over each artichoke. You want to use lots of oil to prevent them from sticking and to get a golden brown crust. The sheet pan should have a layer of oil on the bottom by the time you are done. Give the pan a shake to evenly distribute the oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the artichokes are baking, whisk together all of the aioli ingredients.
- Once the artichokes are finished, transfer them to a serving tray in a single layer and serve with the sauce.