Godhuma Rava Pongali
A healthy twist to a traditional South Indian festival dessert -- Sweet pongal made with godhuma rawa/ wheat rawa/ cracked wheat instead of rice.
- ricotta (Cracked / Godhuma / Fine)
- 2 tbsps Moong dal
- 3 ~ 4 tbsps Jaggery (, grated (or use coconut sugar))
- ricotta (Ground)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Soak moong dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan, add almonds, cashews and raisins. Cook till the nuts are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 1tbsp ghee and add the drained moong dal and godhuma rawa. Saute until rawa changes color slightly.
- Stir in water and milk, bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, cover and cook till the dal and rawa are perfectly tender.
- Stir in the grated jaggery, ground cardamom and sauteed nuts and raisins. Cook till the jaggery is melted. Turn off the heat and serve warm or at room temperature.