Godhuma Rava Pongali
A healthy twist to a traditional South Indian festival dessert -- Sweet pongal made with godhuma rawa/ wheat rawa/ cracked wheat instead of rice.
- (1.25l) fish stock (Cracked / Godhuma / Fine)
- 2 tbsps Moong dal
- 3 ~ 4 tbsps Jaggery (, grated (or use coconut sugar))
- (1.25l) fish stock (Ground)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- Soak moong dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan, add almonds, cashews and raisins. Cook till the nuts are golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 1tbsp ghee and add the drained moong dal and godhuma rawa. Saute until rawa changes color slightly.
- Stir in water and milk, bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, cover and cook till the dal and rawa are perfectly tender.
- Stir in the grated jaggery, ground cardamom and sauteed nuts and raisins. Cook till the jaggery is melted. Turn off the heat and serve warm or at room temperature.
View the recipe instructions at Cook's Hideout