Godhuma Rawa Payasam
Godhuma Rawa Payasam is a very quick and easy to make South Indian dessert that is perfect to make for festivals and impromptu guests.
- 3 cups milk (Almond milk will be a great vegan substitute)
- (1.25l) fish stock (Fine Cracked Wheat)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp Dry fruits (cashews, almonds and raisins)
- 2 tsp ghee
- Heat 1tsp ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the dry fruit until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining 1tsp ghee and cook godhuma rawa until lightly golden and toasted, about 2~3 minutes.
- Add the milk to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, until rawa is cooked through, about 10~12 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and ground cardamom. Mix well and cook for 2~3 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the fried dry fruit and turn off the heat. Serve hot, warm or chilled. Enjoy!!