The View From the Great Island
Grapefruit Brûlée ~ turn plain old grapefruit into an elegant breakfast with a sprinkling of sugar and a little intense heat!
- 1 white grapefruit
- natural Turbinado sugar (or regular sugar)
- Set the oven to broil
- Cut the grapefruit in half. If necessary trim off a little bit from the bottom to make the halves sit straight. Set them on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of sugar evenly across the top of each half.
- Set the oven rack on the highest position, closest to the broiler element. Broil the grapefruit until the top is bubbling and starting to turn brown. This can take anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes, depending on how close your pan is to the heat.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.