Green Pea Fritters (Vegan + GF)
Delicious green pea fritters that are good for you and kid-friendly!
- 250 g frozen peas (petit pois or garden peas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for baking)
- 1 white onion (large, diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 140 g besan flour (or chickpea flour)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs (or dried, finely chopped, i used mixed dried italian herbs)
- 1 cup soy yoghurt
- mixed fresh herbs (or dried, finely chopped, i used fresh rosemary, parsley and mint)
- 1 lemon (juice from)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the peas to a medium saucepan, cover with water and boil, according to packet\'s instructions and drain well.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sautÃ© the onion and garlic for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the peas, onions and garlic to a food processor and pulse until it becaomes a thick paste. Alternatively, you can use a masher to mix it by hand.
- Stir in the chickpea flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and herbs.
- The mixture is quite sticky so you will need to wet your hands to shape them into patties. Scoop 1 tbsp of the mixture, roll into a ball and press down slightly to create a patty shape on the baking sheet.
- Brush with fritters with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown, flipping them over half way.
- Eat right away or keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them and reheat from frozen.
- Simply mix all the ingredients together and serve in a small dish, along with the fritters.
View the recipe instructions at wallflowerkitchen.com